Sunshine Blog Award
If all my links happen, thanks Jen!
A woman who has been quite ill took the time to honor me with the Sunshine Award! It’s really special to me that she did this now rather than waiting till she felt completely better because I know how hard it can be to not feel well and still do what you feel you need to do.
Leanne from Because (I Think) I Can is that woman. I guess we know how fitting her blog name is. Rather than do nothing until her health problem was completely resolved, she blogged, even guest blogged, did things with her family and more I’m sure.
The Sunshine Award promotes bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the Blogosphere. To be worthy, one must answer ten questions so others can know a little more about you and pass along the award to ten other bloggers. This is truly an honor to me. Okay, on to the ten questions.
1) Favorite color? This is something I’ve never been able to answer because I love color! It depends on where the color will be and how it will be used. I love this summer’s light & bright greens in some clothes, but I wouldn’t want my house that color, easy as it would make giving directions..
2) Favorite animal? Again, I don’t really have one favorite of God’s creation. Whale watching was great, seeing the porpoises and whales and sharks from the safety of the ship was awesome, but I wouldn’t want to be 1:1 with them up close and personal, lol. I’ll go with domestic animal and say standard poodles; they have great temperaments, are smart and seem to know when someone’s down and provide comfort and company to him/her.
3) Favorite number? I don’t really have a favorite (detecting a pattern here?), but I’ll go with 36 because that how many years I’ve been married. Yeah, I’m old, and sappy.
4) Favorite drink? I really enjoy a morning cup of coffee so I’ll break my pattern and give that as my favorite.
5) Facebook or Twitter? This one’s easy Facebook. I’m further on the learning curve of Facebook, I’ve just started Twitter a tiny bit and I’m not comfortable with it.
6) Good book or movie? Book. I can give it as much time as I have/want to spend without losing where I’ve left off.
7) My passion? Encouragement. It’s so much more constructive to say something encouraging to someone than it is to tear them down. I’ve been on the receiving end of both and negativity really is not pleasant.
8) Giving or Getting presents? Another tough one. Who doesn’t like getting a nice gift? But I find the Bible is spot on; better to give than to receive. No surprise there, huh? The Bible is always right.
9) Favorite Day? A day with low humidity and good air quality so I can breathe better, and moderate temperatures so it’s just more pleasant to do anything.
10) Favorite Flower? I’ve got a new thing for orchids since I read they’re not as hard to grow as I thought but they’re expensive so I still haven’t gotten any. I think even I, miss black thumb, could manage a few ice cubes weekly.
And now to pass the Sunshine Award to ten other bloggers. Some have supported me directly-thank you-some have taught me things and entertained me with their humor-thank you, too. You’ve all inspired me to keep on keeping on in one way or another.
Here’s how this award works:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to him/her.
- Answer the above 10 questions about yourself.
- Select 10 more bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they’ve been awarded the Sunshine Award!
Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
Thanks for reading!! And thank you again, Leanne!