craftythriftydecoratingwifemom improving life, little by little on a budget
Posted by craftythriftydecoratingwifemom.wordpress.com posted in Categpries blogging, recognition, Tagged: blogger, WordPress, nomination, blog, followers, German language, Liebster Award, readers.
Since my first nomination for the Liebster Award, one blog disappeared. It was there in the morning, gone in the evening. Verrry Mysterious. But I found a great blog about a cause near (can’t say dear) to my heart, taking an interesting approach to a growing problem. This is livingthespoonielife.wordpress.com. Karen writes about fibromyalgia. I know there are a several blogs about fibromyalgia I nominated because so many people, men and women, live with a condition once thought to be hysterical in cause and nature. So I am happy to give these new bloggers some recognition they may not otherwise receive. Ok, Karen, here’s the deal.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have <200 readers/followers. “Liebster” in German means: dearest, sweetest, kindest, beloved….all the nice words you can think of :-).
As I wrote to Pat (who nominated me) directly, I’m honored to be considered in this way. I think this just might spur me on to post more often. That is assuming, of course, that I get my act together and on schedule, hehe.
I have read of bloggers getting awards and I got a Sunshine Award long ago. But posting as infrequently as I have for quite a while, I never expected to get another. So imagine my shock when newbloggycat.wordpress.com nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you, Pat. I thoroughly enjoy your joke of the day and quote of the day. I guess I would have kicked the first two job applicants out the door, too. See, I wear glasses. You’ll have to go to Pat’s blog to find out what I’m talking about :P.
Here are the rules that go with this award:
1. Thank the blog that has given you this award.
2. State 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you.
4. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
5. Choose 11 questions for the people you tagged to answer.
6. Go to their page and tell them.
Now, 11 random facts about myself:
1. I love the Lord.
2. On May 29 this year I will have been married to the same great guy for 37 years.
3. We were married 8 years before I conceived the first of 2 times.
4. Our daughter is 29, living elsewhere and engaged.
5. Our son is 27, has autism and lives with us.
6. We have 3 standard poodles about 50 lbs. each who think they’re lapdogs/people.
7. We have had poodles since our son was 3 to help him learn to relate to others and fell in love with the breed.
8. I’m allergic to all things with fur, but poodles have hair. Good thing, they’re great friends.
9. I love thrifting!
10. I also enjoy crafting once I get started. That’s the hard part.
11. I can easily be a chocoholic but we don’t keep it in the house. DIET
Here is my list of nominees:
1. letterstolila.wordpress.com (http://letterstolila.wordpress.com)
2. oakhouse5.blogspot.com (http://oakhouse5.blogspot.com)
3. maryellecreative.blogspot.com (http://maryellecreative.blogspot.com)
5. justbreatheslowdeepbreaths.wordpress.com (http:justbreatheslowdeepbreaths.wordpress.com)
6. loftyloves.wordpress.com (http://loftyloves.wordpress.com)
7. ohwhatapain.wordpress.com (http://ohwhatapain.wordpress.com)
8. fightingfibromyalgia.wordpress.com (http://fightingfibromyalgia.wordpress.com)
9. bulletbythefeather.wordpress.com (http://bulletbythefeather.wordpress.com)
10. turnungthehourglass.wordpress.com (http://turningthehourglass.wordpress.com)
11. livingaspoonielife.wordpress.com (http://livingaspoonielife.wordpress.com)
Here are the answers to the 11 questions asked me:
1. Who is the most important person in your life? Easy–my husband.
2. Three must-haves on a desert island. Drinking water, hubs and, sadly, my meds.
3. Who is your favorite actor/actress? Sandra Bullock
4. What is your most 0ver-used phrase? “Ya think?”
5. Did you have an imaginary friend? No.
6. If your life has a theme song, what would it be? “Jesus Hold Me Now” Casting Crowns
7. What’s your favorite sport? When I was younger and healthier I played tennis………
8 .If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be and why? The richest American, pay needs (medical, therapy, housing, transportation) of military vets.
9.What is your most embarrassing moment? Maybe the first time this nomination post went through so wonky.
10. Please complete this sentence “My dogs…makes me laugh.”
11. Coffee or tea? coffee
Now my questions for you:
1, Before you started blogging did you know anyone who blogged?
2. What have you done as a paid job?
3. What have you done as a volunteer job?
3. If you haven’t had a chance to work at it, what’s your dream career?
5. Are you single, married, in a committed relationship?
6. Do you have a child(ren)?
7. Coke or Pepsi?
8. How did you spend school vacations?
9. What is your favorite animal?
10. Beach or mountains?
11. Favorite season?
Happy and successful (whatever that means to you) blogging